جمعية بحوث التربية والتعليم الخاصة بالمستهلكين
ERA CONSUMER MALAYSIA acts as research, education and advocacy group. It builds linkages and works in partnership with community-based organizations and grassroots communities to strengthen their capacity and empower them to participate through initiatives in socio-economic, accountable governance, sustainable agriculture and ecological endeavors.
ERA Consumer Malaysia's programs are designed and implemented to nurture alternative people centered development initiatives at the community level through participatory accountable governance, socio-economic, sustainable agriculture and ecological endeavors to facilitate access and management of resources for people to develop their full potentials and expand their choices in accordance with their needs and interests.
ERA Consumer's focus is:
- Research- ERA consumers is a community based think tank to generate knowledge, information and innovation to support consumer information, education, protection and sustainable people centred development process.
- Advocacy- Campaigns through policy inputs, seminars and media dissemination for consumer protection legislation, strengthening the position of women and children and sustaining the environment.
- Empowerment- Developing projects in partnership with vulnerable communities such as workers, farmers, indigenous, children and women. Our current empowerment agenda focuses on The Self Reliant Community Project for rural poor farmers, consumers, indigenous communities on sustainable livelihood and consumption with equitable access to basic needs through health, consumer education programs.
- Networking- ERA CONSUMER MALAYSIA networks with a wide range of organizations at the local, national, regional and international level to build and enhance solidarity in the social development arena.
- Documentation- Publication of books, reports and articles relating to Consumer Laws, Trade, Food Security, Accountable Governance and Human Rights to be used as reference and lobbying tools.
- Sustainable Practices- Promoting sustainable lifestyles through sustainable livelihood and consumption of rural and vulnerable communities to strengthen access to credit, adequate, safe and nutritious food and able to manage natural resources in a sustainable manner.