Follow all the developments at the UN Treaty meetings in Geneva
Stay up to date with all the developments taking place between October 24-28, 2016 in Geneva as States once again come together for the UN Intergovernmental Working Group on Transnational Corporations and Other Business Enterprises (IGWG) to consider the content of a future UN treaty to address corporate human rights abuses. Many ESCR-Net Members have converged on the UN to provide statements, join public actions, organise side events, lobby bilaterally with States and in general promote their priorities for what they think the future treaty should cover.
You can follow all the daily news from our Member RIDH, as well as daily updates from partners in the Treaty Alliance, and events that are taking place, as well as see the daily blogs and other updates here. Follow live on twitter and other social media through following the #StopCorporateAbuse and #BindingTreaty hashtags.
For background resources related to the treaty process, please find the treaty priorities outlined by CSOs in different regions here, as well as the 'Ten Key Proposals for the Treaty' (a comprehensive legal resource on different potential elements of the treaty) for diplomats and other stakeholders. For all other resources, you can find those on this site. For further background on the Treaty Initiative, the project that has facilitated ESCR-Net members' involvement in the treaty process, see additional information at the bottom of this page.
- Side Event to open-ended Intergovernmental Working Group on Transnational Corporations and other Business Enterprises organized by ESCR-Net
- Views of the day: Fernanda Hopenhaym from Poder in Mexico
- Views of the day: Debbie Stothard from fidh Thailand
- Views of the day: Ana Maria Suárez from FIAN International at the second day of the IGWG on TNCs and OBEs
- Views of the day: Mona Sabella from Al-Haq Organization during the second day of the IGWG on TNCs/OBEs
- Side Event to IGWG on TNCs and OBEs
- Views of the day: Alejandra Scampini from AWID on the third day of IGWG on TNCs and OBEs
- Views of the day: Walter Vargas from Aprodeh Prensa in Peru is at the 3rd day of the IGWG on TNCs and OBEs in Geneva
- Views of the day: Dr Godwin Uyi Ojo from Environmental Rights Action, Friends of the Earth Nigeria
- Views of the day: Edurne Cárdenas from CELS - Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales in Argentina on the last day of the IGWG on TNCs and OBEs
- Views of the day: Marion Cadier from FIDH - International Federation for Human Rights on the last day of the IGWG on TNCs and OBEs
- Views of the day: Rachmi Hertanti from Global Justice in Indonesia