New Steering Committee elected by the Women and ESCR Working Group
The Women and ESCR Working Group (WESCR WG) elected its first Steering Committee. The election process was carried out to ensure that the Steering Committee would be formed in alignment with the ESCR-Net core principles of regional balance and the centrality of social movements.
The Steering Committee members will serve a two-year term (2017-2019). Ultimately, almost 90 percent of WESCR WG members voted. The elected members are:
- Dalia Abd El-Hameed (Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights, Egypt).
- Judit Geller (European Roma Rights Center, Hungary).
- Mayra Gomez (Global Initiative for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, United States).
- Ida LeBlanc (NUDE, Trinidad and Tobago).
- Charlene May (Legal Resource Center, South Africa).
- Shanti Uprety (IWRAW-AP, Malaysia).