The Annual R eport on Human Rights Defenders at Risk in 2016 shows that more than 1,000 human rights defenders were...
System of Solidarity
The System of Solidarity (SOS) is a vehicle to harness the collective voice of ESCR-Net – through online petitions, collective letters, outreach via social and mainstream media and sharing resources and tools – to increase protection for human rights defenders under threat and prevent imminent human rights violations from taking place.
EDLC has compiled these resources to assist environmental defenders facing threats or legal actions, and welcomes...
- Consejo de Pueblos Wuxhtaj (Francisco Rocael Mateo)
- Front Line Defenders (Andrea Rocca)
- Green Advocates (Alfred Brownell)
- Just Associates (JASS) (Marusia López)
- Proyecto de Derechos Económicos, Sociales y Culturales (PRODESC)
- World Organization Against Torture (Miguel Martín Zumalacárregui)
For more information, please contact Ruben Kondrup, Solidarity and Membership Coordinator
ESCR-Net is a member of the Protect Defenders consortium, the European Union Human Rights Defenders mechanism, established to protect defenders at high risk.