المرأة في القانون والتنمية في أفريقيا
WiLDAF's mission is to empower women by promoting their rights, increasing their participation and influence at the community, national, and international levels through initiating, promoting, and strengthening strategies which link law and development.
- establish and facilitate communication among network members in the areas of legal education, law and policy reform and legal services and to further clarify and promote effective ways of using law as an organizing tool at the local, national and regional levels
- to provide training and to advise local groups in designing and improving legal programmes and strategies and to co-ordinate the compilation of and exchange of studies and legal research
- to establish and maintain a regional emergency response system to respond quickly to serious violations of women’s rights.
WiLDAF focuses its activities on four priority issues:
- fostering rights awareness and action
- advocating law and policy reform
- access to and control over economic resources and
- confronting violence against women