مركز العمل في الحقوق الاجتماعية والاقتصادية
Social and Economic Rights Action Centre (SERAC) is dedicated to the full realization of economic, social and cultural rights as established under the International Bill of Rights in accordance with the principle of indivisibility and interdependence of all human rights. The organization believes that respect for fundamental values embodied in human rights norms and instrumented by law are indispensable to the full development and realization of the human potential.
- Research, monitor and document Nigeria's economic, social and cultural rights practices.
- Educate and create public awareness about economic, social and cultural rights.
- Provide legal assistance to individuals or groups seeking to assert their economic, social and cultural rights, and litigate in the public interest.
- Promote the rights of marginalized sections of the population (e.g. women, children, the aged, the disabled, People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA), and ethnic minorities) to be treated on the basis of equality and non-discrimination.
- Examine the inter-relationship between civil and political rights and economic, social and cultural rights as twin aspects of human rights.
- Support and utilize the mechanisms of national, regional and international human rights bodies to achieve the foregoing objective.