المجلس العام لتحرر المرأة
MASUM aims to develop awareness about various forms of exploitation and abuse faced by the underprivileged and minority groups in these communities and assists them in organizing themselves to deal with these problems. Acknowledging that women are not a homogenous category and that multiple systems of domination - such as caste, class and patriarchy operate in an intersectional manner, MASUM pre-dominantly works with subordinated and minority-groups. In order to emphasise people’s participation in decision-making at every level, the staff and leadership is mostly local, especially women from marginalised sections of rural society.
- To strengthen women’s self reliance and consciousness of human and constitutional rights
- To empower women to put pressure on the State for fulfilling its obligations towards its people
- To nurture women’s physical and emotional health
- To provide vocational training and credit facilities to women for self-employment
- To create a sustainable and humane mode of development through people’s active involvement
- To create a progressive space in society for all subordinated groups, and to specifically resist casteism, sexism, religious chauvinism, homophobia and able-ism