Foundation for the conservation of the Earth (FOCONE)
Vision: Green environment, economic, social and cultural rights, health and education for all people.
Mission: To promote actions that is healthy, informative and environmental friendly.
Thematic focus: Over the years, we have focused on economic, social and cultural rights, health, community development and environmental justice.
The techniques promoted by FOCONE are highly participatory and especially valuable for:
- Empowering marginalised groups to advocate for their own development and protection;
- Research, mobilise and sensitise groups to map out communication plans for constructive engagement with other stakeholders to achieve set goal.
- Promote critical reflection in participatory research, data management, and monitoring & evaluation.
FOCONE pursues the following objectives:
- Equipping people with the right skills aimed at empowering them to advocate for their own development and livelihood security;
- Supporting the vulnerable groups to attain their life potential without discrimination and stigmatisation;
- Strengthening community health and safe environmental practices
- Enhancing community voices in the public arena on development issues in Nigeria..
- Sustaining community development schemes and economic welfare