Adalah – The Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel
Adalah’s mission is to promote human rights in the State of Israel in general and the rights of the Palestinian Arab minority in particular.
This work includes defending the human rights of all individuals subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Israel (e.g., Palestinian residents of the Occupied Palestinian Territory, or OPT).
In pursuit of this mission, Adalah:
- Brings impact litigation and other legal interventions before Israeli courts and state authorities;
- Provides legal consultation to individuals, NGOs, and institutions;
- Appeals to international institutions and fora;
- Organizes legal seminars and conferences;
- Publishes reports and analyses of critical legal issues;
- Conducts extensive media outreach in Arabic, Hebrew and English locally and internationally;
- Trains legal apprentices and new lawyers in human rights litigation and advocacy.
Over the past 20 years, Adalah has worked to advance ESCR via litigation on major cases involving the national budget, education rights, the right to health and right to water for Arab Bedouin communities living in remote areas, land and housing rights and human rights relating to language and religion, among other topics.