Centre for Human Rights and Development
The Centre for Human Rights and Development's mission is to contribute in establishing Mongolia as a developed nation where everyone enjoys human rights without any discrimination.
CHRD has a vision of Mongolia as a society where everyone has knowledge and capacity to enjoy and claim human rights and freedom; can participate freely, actively, and meaningfully through development processes they benefit from.
Their goals and objectives are to:
- Contribute in protection and promotion of human rights throughout Mongolia
- Improve citizen participation in development process
- Provide accurate and timely information about the human rights situation in Mongolia
- Promote creation of effective, independent mechanisms for protection of human rights
- Conduct public interest litigation, build capacity and enabling environment for that
- Conduct legislative advocacy
- Build capacity of communities, facilitate their organizing and networking
- Increase public awareness on human rights
- Participate in regional and global human rights movements