International Commission of Jurists (ICJ)
The International Commission of Jurists is dedicated to the primacy, coherence and implementation of international law and principles that advance human rights.
The main goal of the ICJ International Law and Protection Programme is to promote the application of international law to violations of a civil, political, social or economic nature. The focus is on the international obligations of states to respect, protect, and fulfil human rights through the Rule of Law, to protect victims of human rights violations, and to hold states and non-state actors accountable for these violations and abuses.
The ICJ International Law and Protection Programme focuses on specific areas of the international law. They include:
- Independence of Judges and Lawyers
- Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Business and Human Rights
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Women’s Human Rights
- UN Human Rights Mechanisms
- Global Security and the Rule of Law