International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
The mission of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) is to bring about significant improvements in the protection of victims of human rights violations, the prevention of human rights violations and the prosecution of those responsible for these violations. The FIDH has the general mandate to defend all the rights laid down in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948, including civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights.
Their action priorities include:
- Freedom and capacity to act of human rights defenders
- Universality of rights, in particular those of women, whose inequitable treatment constitutes a major obstacle for the progress of mankind
- Promotion and protection of migrants’ rights
- Effectiveness of Human Rights, to put an end to the impunity of authors of violations, who are not called to account, be they individuals, States or business enterprises
- Stengthen the respect for human rights in the context of globalisation6.
- Respect for Human Rights and the Rule of Law in times of conflict, emergency or political transition