A longstanding member of ESCR-Net’s Working Group on Women and ESCR, Lisa Pusey is affiliated with the Women Human Rights Defenders International Coordinating Committee, the Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) and IWRAW-Asia Pacific, among others.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Women’s human rights and gender equality with a focus on violence against women, women’s economic security and discrimination in the workplace
- Women human rights defenders framework
- Expertise engaging with the CEDAW Committee and several special procedure mandates including UNSR on Violence against Women, UNSR on Human Rights Defenders.
- Expertise on the OP CEDAW
- Currently working at the Australian Human Rights Commission as Adviser to the Sex Discrimination Commissioner with a focus on violence against women, women in leadership, national law and policy reforms on gender equality, women’s economic security, and
- Experience conducting training and capacity building on women’s human rights and using international human rights mechanisms