Webinar: Escalating Women's Global Strikes
Escalating Global Strikes: Connecting struggles and building a feminist future
As part of the mobilizations and activities around the Women's Global Strike, we warmly invite you to the online webinar:
Date: 11 March 2020
Time: 8:00 am New York Time (Find the time for your region here)
Languages: English, Spanish, French and Arabic
Organizers and participants of the Women’s Global Strike, women leaders across regions and struggles, will share their experiences of the 8 March mobilization and talk about the ¨strike as a weapon of love¨ to advance women's economic, social and cultural rights toward a feminist future.
Speakers will share about the activities they did to strike around 8 March and some memorable moments, what this strike has meant to them and the women they mobilize. They will also reflect on the importance of strikes to challenge inequalities, advance women's rights, and create a feminist future. Reflexions will be invited from both speakers and the audience on how can we keep the fire of our resistance going forward.
· Ida LeBlanc, National Union of National Employees, NUDE – Trinidad & Tobago;
· Claudia Lazzaro, SOCRA, Union of the leather industry of Argentina, and Fundación Promoción Humana;
· Dolores Balladeres Pelaez (TBC), Migrant domestic worker and Chair of United Filipinos in HK, and board member of Asia Pacific Mission for Migrants;
· Fatima Burnad, Founder, Society for Rural Education and Development.
· Renu Adhikari Rajbhandari, Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC), Nepal.
To join the webinar, please contact Viviana Osorio, program coordinator for Women and ESCR Working Group at ESCR-Net (firstname.lastname@example.org)