The NGO Coalition for the Optional Protocol to the Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (OP- ICESCR), coordinated by ESCR-Net, led the international NGO Campaign for the OP-ICESCR and continues to support national efforts for the rati cation and implementation of the OP-ICESCR to ensure that individuals and groups have access to justice for violations to their ESCR.
Last update: April 2017
The Coalition is led by a Steering Committee of the following organizations:
- Amnesty International- Renata de Souza
- DECA Equipo Pueblo- Areli Sandoval Terán
- Dullah Omar Institute, University of the Western Cape- Ebenezer Durojaye
- Fédération internationale des ligues des droits de l'Homme (FIDH)- Maddalena Neglia
- Food First Information and Action Network (FIAN)- Ana Maria Suarez Franco
- International Women's Rights Action Watch Asia Pacific - Michaela Guthridge
- National Center for Advocacy Studies (NCAS)- Sandeep Kumar Pattkaik
- Social Rights Advocacy Centre (SRAC)- Bruce Porter
This Steering Committee is committed to supporting ongoing ratification efforts; for technical or strategic support, please write to the Steering Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org (being monitored in English by Bruce Porter, SRAC, and being monitored in Spanish by Ana Maria Suarez, FIAN).
ESCR-Net coordinated this Steering Committee and an active International Campaign for the OP-ICESCR from 2008-2016. This Steering Committee also included Plataforma Interamericana de Derechos Humanos, Democracia y Desarrollo (PIDHDD) and the International Commission of Jurists. ESCR-Net continues to support the communication of the Steering Committee and Coalition, while working to advance access to justice for ESCR more broadly and the use of the OP-ICESCR in practice via its member-led working groups. To add new resources to this site and/or promote ongoing ratification efforts, please contact ESCR-Net at: email@example.com.