Masimanyane Women's Rights International
The mission of Masimanyane Women's Support Centre is to eradicate gender-based violence in order to achieve a healthy, safe, secure, equal, responsible and supportive society for all women and girls. Their vision is of a society free of gender-based violence where women and children enjoy their full human rights.
Their objectives include:
- To decrease the number of gender-based crimes committed against women and children including the trafficking of women and girls.
- To ensure that women and children who experience gender-based violence, and those who are infected and affected by HIV/Aids, receive appropriate support services.
- To increase levels of knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of gender-based violence, the gendered aspects of the HIV/Aids pandemic, women's and girls' sexual and reproductive health, as well as women's human rights.
- To increase the realization of gender equality through the promulgation and implementation of relevant laws and related policies.
- To ensure accountability at all levels of government and other political institutions.