ESCR-Net Newsletter - May / June 2013
The International Network for Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR-Net) involves 253 Members in 68 countries, together building “a global movement to make human rights and social justice a reality for all.”
Participants in the strategic litigation workshop in Mongolia, facilitated by New publication released by the ESCR-Net Social Movements and Grassroots
ESCR-Net's Working Group on Adjudication Groups Working Group
- Advancing ESCR in Mongolia and China – Lawyers and community leaders in Ulanbaatar, and academics and lawyers in Beijing, gathered for strategic litigation workshops.
- New Publication released by the ESCR-Net Social Movement and Grassroots Groups Working Group – Land in the Struggle for Social Justice: Social Movement Strategies to Secure Human Rights.
- Advocating for the World Bank to commit to human rights – Members of ESCR-Net Economic Policy Working Group engage Safeguards Review Process.
- Access to justice for ESCR violations celebrated globally – States make new commitments to ratify the Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on ESCR (OP-ICESCR).
- The Working Group on Women and ESCR publishes Factsheet on Women's Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in French and prepares to participate in the 7th session of OHCHR Working Group on discrimination against women in law and in practice, which will be held in New York City, from 1 to 5 July 2013.