On the anniversary of the adoption of the OP-ICESCR, the NGO Coalition undertakes actions to promote its ratification
December 10th marked International Human Rights Day and the anniversary of the adoption of the Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (OP-ICESCR). On that occasion, members and allies of the NGO Coalition for the ICESCR, from all regions mobilized in favor of the ratification of the instrument to grant access to justice in cases of violation of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ESCR).
- In Ukraine, Representatives of All-Ukrainian NGO Foundation of Medical Law and Bioethics launched an e-petition and advocated for the ratification of the OP-ICESCR in the national parliament.
- In Togo, Amnesty International’s National Section organized a public conference and a workshop about the OP-ICESCR.
- In Mexico, Espacio DESC disseminated the Call for Action by urging the government to advance and ratify the instrument;
- In Nigeria, Spaces for Change included the Call for Action in its newsletter to help disseminate the message.
- Finally, in the US, Global Initiative for ESCR (GI-ESCR) included the Call for Action on its website and, together with many allies, used social media to spread the message.
To know more about the OP-ICESCR please click here.
More information about the Campaign for the Ratification of the OP-ICESCR here.